Gravatar = Global Recognizable Avatar
As you start review other blogs and articles you will see that other authors have their picture (either of themselves or their product) being displayed usually with a short bio. The authors are NOT adding their profile each time they create a blog or write and article – the site is automatically pulling in the author’s image from www.Gravatar.com.
Having your image automatically added to your blogs and comments brings a face to the comments and makes it more personal – which is what you want to happen. The image does not have to be professionally taken (and most images are NOT) but it depends on what you are offering. If you are providing a service to professionals then you should provide an image accordingly. If you are more laid back, then show your creative side!
A photograph is not necessary and you can even have an image of the service that you are providing too (an indirect marketing tool) but photo’s of you personally are the most effective at pulling readers in.
Create a free account with Gravatar so that you can take advantage of this simple yet very effective tool. You need to follow these steps:
- Go to www.Gravatar.com and create yourself a profile
- Add a primary email address – a confirmation email from Gravatar is sent to the email you are adding
- Confirm the email by clicking on the link provided in the email from Gravatar
- Upload an image (or multiple images if you have more than one email account)
- Assign the image to the email address
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each email that you own